Ensure that the supplements you try include bioperine (piperine) as it helps your body absorb curcumin better. Ensuring that you choose the right supplement for your health needs is important. All turmeric or curcumin supplements aren’t created equally.
The fact is the active compound, curcumin and curcuminoids are actually quote low in raw turmeric. That’s why it may be important to buy a supplement instead of using the powdered form that you cook with for the most beneficial results.
When buying supplements you want to ensure that you get them from reputable sources.
- Percentage of Curcumin – You need to know how much of the active ingredient is in the supplement. Make sure the Turmeric Supplement you’re buying has 100% pure Turmeric Curcumin in them with no additives or fillers. Each capsule should have the recommended dosage of 1300mg standardized to 95% with 10mg of BioPerine in it.
- Ordinary vs. Enhanced Bioavailability – One issue with supplements is that our bodies often absorb very little of the substance. This is why often you have to take more of it to ensure you get the recommended amount. The best bet is to choose enhanced bioavailability to ensure your body can absorb as much as possible.
- Has the Supplement Been Independently Tested – If the supplement hasn’t been tested by a third party you cannot really know for sure if their in-house testing is legitimate. Clinical trials are important even for supplements.
- Condition Compatibility – Ensure that you’re using the right supplement for your condition, all curcumin isn’t made equally and you’ll need different amounts for different conditions.
- Safety – Be careful where you buy supplements as you want to ensure they have been tested for dangerous heavy metals. Plus, some supplement manufacturers include other harmful additives created during the extraction process. Due to the fact that curcumin isn’t water soluble, solvents have to be used. Use only products that use safe solvents with good manufacturing processes so that your supplements are both safe and effective.
By paying attention to these factors you’ll be more likely to achieve success with treating your condition with curcumin supplementation.
The Result: We tested over 100+ brands of Turmeric pills in the market in house. We did extensive research on top brands, read consumer’s reviews and surveyed over 11,571 customers.
Here Are The Top Brands
#1 PureNature Turmeric
Over 4,355 consumers voted PureNature as their number one choice of Turmeric Supplement. We believe this brand can deliver the result you need. PureNature contains 1300mg pure Turmeric Curcumin standardized to 95% with 10mg of BioPerine; with no synthetic ingredients, cheap filler, binders and artificial colors. All purchases from PureNature is backed by a 365 day Risk Free 100% Money Back Guarantee. Made in the USA with all-natural, fast dissolving veggie capsule and are made in an FDA registered laboratory that is cGMP certified.
PureNature Turmeric Curcumin is Best For: Reducing pain, inflammation and stiffness related to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA).
#2 Rightway Nutrition Turmeric
Rightway Nutrition Turmeric came in second. Rightway is also a reputable company, however their Turmeric has some additional ingredients. We were unable to confirm the effectiveness of their product due to the lack of honest reviews and testimonials. We also highly recommend to buy Turmeric Supplements from companies that offer at least a 90-day return.
#3 LifeExtension Turmeric
LifeExtension Turmeric came in 3rd place. What we like about this product is that just like PureNature Turmeric it does contain 100% pure Turmeric Curcumin, however it only contains 400mg of turmeric per serving. It is less than the recommended dosage by studies done on Turmeric. LifeExtention has been in business for a long time and they are a reputable company. They also have a good customer service, with some positive reviews.
Sources: Turmeric http://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/natural/supplements-herbs/guide/turmeric.php