Ensure that the supplements you try include bioperine (piperine) as it helps your body absorb curcumin better. Ensuring that you choose the right supplement for your health needs is important. All turmeric or curcumin supplements aren’t created equally.
The fact is the active compound, curcumin and curcuminoids are actually quote low in raw turmeric. That’s why it may be important to buy a supplement instead of using the powdered form that you cook with for the most beneficial results.
When buying supplements you want to ensure that you get them from reputable sources.
- Percentage of Curcumin – You need to know how much of the active ingredient is in the supplement. Make sure the Turmeric Supplement you’re buying has 100% pure Turmeric Curcumin in them with no additives or fillers. Each capsule should have the recommended dosage of 500mg with 5mg of BioPerine in it.
- Ordinary vs. Enhanced Bioavailability – One issue with supplements is that our bodies often absorb very little of the substance. This is why often you have to take more of it to ensure you get the recommended amount. The best bet is to choose enhanced bioavailability to ensure your body can absorb as much as possible.
- Has the Supplement Been Independently Tested – If the supplement hasn’t been tested by a third party you cannot really know for sure if their in-house testing is legitimate. Clinical trials are important even for supplements.
- Condition Compatibility – Ensure that you’re using the right supplement for your condition, all curcumin isn’t made equally and you’ll need different amounts for different conditions.
- Safety – Be careful where you buy supplements as you want to ensure they have been tested for dangerous heavy metals. Plus, some supplement manufacturers include other harmful additives created during the extraction process. Due to the fact that curcumin isn’t water soluble, solvents have to be used. Use only products that use safe solvents with good manufacturing processes so that your supplements are both safe and effective.
By paying attention to these factors you’ll be more likely to achieve success with treating your condition with curcumin supplementation.
The Result: We tested over 78 brands of Turmeric pills in the market in house. We did extensive research on top brands, read consumer’s reviews and surveyed over 11,571 customers (last update November 2016).